Sunday, February 13, 2011

THE VIDEO EDITING WAY

With all this video editing technology available on your laptop computer, I ask, "what the heck did we do before?"

I answer: "We rented a very expensive editing room/suite." Even the cheaper ones still nailed you for 50 to 80 dollars an hour. That makes me believe that I paid off my laptop a long time ago!

We can do so many more things now, too. The degree of manipulation is fantastic. I remember when I was in Cable Television back in 1977 and we received our first Sony 2850 editing controller. Pretty exciting stuff at the time. (One cannot forget the path we took to get to where we are now. It's all a long line. A succession of new and improved pieces of equipment. I'll bet that nothing was as exciting, at least in television technologies, since development of the electronic camera, as when studios received their first Ampex video tape recorders back 1957/58. The game changed.)

No comments: