Saturday, October 16, 2010

THEME FROM... MCHALE'S NAVY

I awoke, popped out of bed, and; a piece of music entered my brain, to cycle over the next few minutes. "It's the theme from McHale's Navy." Why this musical morsel from my childhood?

There's dependable PT-73 scooting along the water. Titles are superimposing over snippets of images that are suddenly rushing back to me: 'Tim Conway'; 'Ernest Borgnine'... McHale himself; and 'Joe Flynn'. Good ol' Joe Flynn.

I can't remember who wrote that blasted music. ('Frank Comstock'?) Suddenly, I start thinking of some other title theme music to help push out the one that will not go away. The Munsters. Jack Marshall penned that catchy tune.

No way am I going to Youtube to grab and embed the opening title section from the 1960s television series McHale's Navy. Talk about embedding...

No comments: