Monday, December 24, 2012

STAR TREK MUSIC FLYBY


I titled this posting, "Star Trek Music Flyby", because the new La-La Land Records release of the complete music from the original Star Trek series is going to do just that... "fly by"; due to the hard, cold fact that I simply cannot afford the hefty (though not unreasonable) $224 price tag.

Disappointing, I do admit, that this Trekker cannot afford such an extensive set of superb dramatic music -- especially 17.3 hours worth.


Some last details; interesting, for those who care, links regarding the magic music box:

WQXR, a classical music station in New York City, recently aired an hour-long program on the music of the original Star Trek and the 15-CD release...
http://www.wqxr.org/#/programs/movies/2012/dec/08/

The Wall Street Journal published a story on the music of the world's greatest space show...


I am returning to Sol-3, soon. Soon: Notes on film critic/writer Mark Kermode's book, The Good, The Bad and the Multiplex - What's Wrong With Modern Movies. Also: Speaking of music, I recently spun my Shania Twain and Charlotte Church CDs; it's been a few years since I've listened to them, and I'll have some impressions to impart.

No comments: