Thursday, December 27, 2012

GERRY ANDERSON DIES

When I read the news yesterday that Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson had died, I was not surprised. I'd been thinking lately that he was getting on a bit, and it seems cosmically fashionable to have people of note pass on. Just in the last few days, Jack Klugman and Charles Durning have died.

In the last few months I have knocked off several episodes from Anderson shows, such as UFO, Captain Scarlet, and Space: 1999. My 'best of' Thunderbirds DVD is going to get a spin. (Along with UFO, Thunderbirds is the "best of" GA's television programs.)

After hearing about Gerry Anderson's passing, I immediately started drafting a story; to be titled, "Gerry Anderson - Childhood Star". I should have 'er up in the next day or so.

My friend Greg emailed me asking if I had heard. In tribute, we are both going to watch the Space: 1999 episode, "The Testament of Arkadia" (one of the best stories from that series). "Tonight, at eleven."


Obituary from Sky NEWS...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7jjdOwxUSM

No comments: