Saturday, September 5, 2009

THOSE LATE-NIGHT MUNCHIES

This might fall into one of those "this is news?" boxes, but a certain study's results concerning late night snacking are always interesting and welcome.

I allow some junk food into my system now and again but what stops overkill is the fact that 'packaged foods' are laced with sodium, and after an indulgence I can feel the ol' ticker picking up the beat! Some people are more sensitive to the "injection" of salt and sugar than others, which only convinces me that the brain, indeedy, does control all that you eat and eat.

Last night my own brain was telling me, "go buy some fruit". Minutes later, I went out the door and took a short walk to one of the many markets open at 10 pm in my area. Got some apples and some oranges. An old coworker of mine -- who was from Sri Lanka -- showed me a trick of putting pepper on sliced apple. While I did indulge in devouring an apple last night, I did not sprinkle pepper on it; but golly darn they taste good that way!


Story in the National Post...
http://www.nationalpost.com/life/story.html?id=1964149

No comments: