Thursday, October 15, 2009

MORE TOP TV SF FROM EW

Last Friday I posted about Entertainment Weekly Magazine's top TV SF shows of all time picks (see: EW TOP SF TELEVISION). While I did see the original list, via an annoying 'one page at a time' photo gallery, I admit my look was cursory at best... probably because of the annoying presentation.

A friend sent the complete list to me this morning. This time I had a better look at the document while I slurped my instant coffee and noted the subjectivity of such a thing, although I'm assuming it was compiled/voted by a committee at EW.

Hey, it's all in fun, even though I'm wondering why The Six Million Dollar Man is so low down the pole, and question why Mystery Science Fiction Theater 3000 is even on there. I'm embarrassed to admit that the V listing was in regards to the mini-series, not the regular series; which makes much more sense, and illustrates I did not read properly the first time around. I also did not notice that The Prisoner was on there, and would not have thought about including that brilliant series.

1. The Twilight Zone
2. Star Trek
3. Battlestar Galactica (I'm assuming they mean the redo, not the expensive original)
4. X-Files
5. Star Trek: The Next Generation
6. Lost
7. Firefly
8. Quantum Leap
9. Doctor Who
10. Max Headroom
11. Futurama
12. V: The Miniseries
13. Babylon 5
14. The Outer Limits
15. The Prisoner
16. Alien Nation
17. Mystery Science Theater 3000
18. The Jetsons
19. The Six Million Dollar Man
20. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century


(Photo at top: Bigfoot and Steve Austin from The Six Million Dollar Man. I'm not sure if that is "Good" or "Bad" Bigfoot.)

2 comments:

Mark said...

there was no good bigfoot
the size made him bad..

Barry Smight said...

I could swear seeing an episode (later one again featuring our legendary mountain man) a few years ago where Oscar and Steve were talking or reminiscing about 'good Bigfoot'. Of course, I cracked up laughing at the sincerity of the discussion.

(I think that the 'bad' version was manufactured by aliens. Not for a moment, however, do I profess to be an authority on the subject.)