Friday, October 9, 2009

THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2009

Like many, I awoke this morning to the news that U.S. president Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. On the surface I admit that I too felt the awarding was a little early, but the more I thought about it, I could see why this happened.

Obama is in "the toughest job in the world" simply because he succeeded one of the most corrupt administrations in the world: This is a case of going from a bunch of war criminals to someone who wants co-operation and mutual respect. How far the man can do his job is another question given the mess he inherited... domestically and in foreign affairs.

Perhaps the award was more a message of hope. Besides, having something hanging around your neck such as a peace prize makes you want to succeed even more; and makes many others want to see you succeed.

No comments: