Tuesday, September 21, 2010

STARCRASH TO DVD AND BLU-RAY

A few weeks ago I was looking through my VHS collection in order to find something, anything. Once I saw that I had a dub (off a pre-record VHS rental) of 1979's super space epic Starcrash, the door flap on my VCR flew open.

Two hours later I was a little giddy. It had been years since I last saw the film -- when I made the dub. Bad? Really bad? Maybe yes on both counts, but that does not necessarily make Starcrash something to be avoided. Besides, it was released last week on DVD and Blu-ray. And not in a basic package. But one with lots of extras... extras worth checking out, unlike many of the kind packed with the latest Hollywood garbage movie oozing in pretention.

Fun movie.


A sales clip for the Starcrash DVD and Blu-ray...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnApjSvqkI&feature=player_embedded

5 comments:

Greg Woods said...

I still haven't seen that goddamned thing.

Barry Smight said...

I'll make you a deal: Starcrash for Cyborg 2087. It'll be the biggest trade since....

Greg Woods said...

Nah- I've got it on VHS too- just haven't gotten around to it yet. But don't worry- you'll get that damn movie sooner or later.

Barry Smight said...

Before the next year of the Red Bird, I hope.

DonaldAR said...

The best quote from ocpmovie2 on YouTube: "An amazing film from 1978 starring the luscious Caroline Munro and her minimalist wardrobe of leather space bikinis"