Tuesday, November 17, 2009

V IS FOR...

I did not realize that the new V series has been on for a couple of weeks. And I did not even realize it was a continuing series; thought it was a remake of the old miniseries(s).

Well, then. We will be treated to at least 13 episodes of V, the new series -- of course until the show's ratings are below what's expected; the network gets peeved, drops it like a hot potato before the entire complement of 13 stories is actually aired; then releases it to DVD, with the "unaired episodes included!"; the geeks buy and proclaim it the greatest sci-fi series ever... that was never given a chance, but falls nowhere short of brilliant. "Yeah, but you have to it watch from the very beginning."

The Prisoner reboot (but miniseries in that case) started last Sunday evening, and wraps up tonight. It's getting mixed reviews (I will see it as a friend told me yesterday that he has been recording so he can watch it later).

Which leads to: Will V stand for Vapid? Vacuous? Vantastic? Or veddy good?

I won't bother watching the new V as I watched a bit of the original series (1984-1985) and wrote, with a friend, who was almost as much a know-it-all as moi, a snarky diatribe for the school newspaper. Won a Pulitzer, if I remember correctly. No... did get positive notices, though.

GD, that show was bad!


(The above photo is not exactly provocative; more silly.)

2 comments:

Greg Woods said...

Well you're one up on me Barrio-- I didn't know there was a new V series. Based on the still you have selected, it looks to be a more youth-oriented, sexed-up reboot a la "Roswell", which I didn't watch either. Anyway, have a nice day, it's back to TCM I go.

Barry Smight said...

Smart man.