Friday, February 26, 2010

LIBERAL + ATHEIST = HI IQ

A study out of Britain shows that those who are "liberal" and "atheist" tend to have higher IQs. (Forgetting the study for a moment, I have always questioned the whole idea of "Intelligence Quotients" but I am speaking from a non clinician perspective.)

There is more to the story, but I am not surprised. As indicated by the researchers, this data cannot be used to stereotype. I don't think there is any risk of that happening.

I think the question is a 'cart and horse' one: Does having a liberal and atheistic disposition make you 'smarter'? Or does being smarter make you L & A?

And, yes, I am a liberal and atheist... thanks for asking. But am I a man? Hmm... the article is here...
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/index.html?hpt=P1

No comments: