Thursday, February 4, 2010

MORE SILVERMAN

Back in June of last year I suddenly became aware of comedian Sarah Silverman after a friend sent me a link to the video "I ****** Matt Damon". Although I found the piece not the least bit funny -- sorry, it's my upper-crust English upbringing -- I though this person by the name of Silverman displayed some promise.

Another friend lent me his collection of SS video material: A Jesus-themed feature length standup routine; and a TV sitcom done by/for the Comedy Network, The Sarah Silverman Program (1st season). I really liked the short-run TV series, which is strange considering that I despise sitcoms. As a matter of fact, I watched two of the six episodes a second time.

My Silverman supplier friend then lent me the second season of the TV series. While not as good as the first, in my opinion, it was still enjoyable enough. Just remembered that the DVD was of the first half of the second season. Got it? Second half of the second season DVD is being released in April, if I remember correctly.

Now...
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/02/03/12724921.html

No comments: