Monday, September 19, 2011

SUN TV AMUSE

I have missed Sun News Network (here in Canada) in the last few weeks. Too lazy and cheap to get a converter box for my analogue television.

Good news, and a friend suggested this recently, is that the super news network is available online, here...
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/watch-live.html

Oh, my. Nothing has changed. Still the amateur outfit it was when I last visited them three weeks ago. Technical glitches galore. (A few weeks ago I had a coffee with a university student friend of mine. He too has noticed the abundance of errors: "It's like, someone just press that GD button!")

It's still loaded. What is more interesting is that the commercials are still the 'block-booking' type: Pet spray; portable cooler; Dr. So-and-So's foot odour shoe insert. There are still no 'regular' commercials. A part of me would like to contact the sales guy, feigning interest in buying air time. Hey, I'll get back to you. It's just too tempting. My guess is he will be very cautious, if not defensive.

Before I go, I must suggest you tune in and seek out, or wait for, the 'remotes'. They are so amateurish that they remind me of when we had to do the same thing back in school, when we booked the Portapack units. Yep, that bad. (When I told this story to a former film/tv student friend of mine, recently, he almost sprayed a mouthful of coffee over me. I must be careful.)

Dear Sun News Network: Fire Alex Pierson. She embarrasses you, and herself. "I thought I was really dumb and not getting it." Heard seconds ago. Hire someone smart and pleasant, like Genevieve Tomney. Maybe your can lure her away from the CBC. Nah, that won't work. Why would she leave a real news organization to take a massive step down?

3 comments:

DonaldAR said...

You called it, sir!

DonaldAR said...

News and opinions from the turn of the century. The 19th century. "Welcome to Pierre Trudeau's Canada" (Charles Adler) - and that's a bad thing?

Barry Smight said...

LOL!

Yeah, I've heard that remark, too. Trudeau had a brain in his head. That very fact scares the brainless Right-winger.