Sunday, September 18, 2011

TRAVELER/TRAVELLER COMPLAINTS

Normally when I travel, I save most of the complaints for me: "Cripes, why don't you leave for Heathrow at the last minute? It's not as though you risk missing your flight." (Last time I did just that, I got stuck in the middle of the middle of an Air Canada Boeing 747. The guy to my immediate right was just a miserable individual -- or maybe he was smart and wanted nothing to do with me. The guy to my immediate left was an Art History professor, so he was really interesting to speak with since I am no slouch in that area (he seemed to agree with my summation of 'Early Christian Art', with an enthusiastic response). We chatted for the bulk of the flight. Still, it would have been nice to have had a starboard-side window instead of the World's Happiest Man.)

So!... How about people who complain to their travel agents about their recent trip? As detailed in today's Toronto Star, there are some bizarre complaints on record.

My three favourite are these...

* “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England, it only took the Americans three hours to get home.” (Note from Barry: I'm convinced, and have been for years, that many people have never picked up an Atlas. Use the Internet for something besides wanking.)

* “There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad.” (Note from Barry: I'm guessing that the editor of this article replaced "to" with "too".)

* “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.” (Note from Barry: No comment.)


Check out the other 17 complaints...
http://www.thestar.com/travel/article/1055019--stupid-travel-complaints

No comments: