Am I along in thinking that 2013 was okay? I'm hearing a lot from the media -- and its stock pundits -- that 2013 was a rotten year. ("Business" writers and opinionators have hard data to reference in helping them form opinions and a final verdict, of course.)
Maybe I just need more time to consider what 2013 meant to me.
* I discovered Theatre of the Mind on Toronto's AM740 "Zoomer radio" (here). Airing between 10pm and 11pm Monday to Thursdays, this framework series showcases good ol' old radio drama and comedy; including Boston Blackie, Duffy's Tavern, Our Miss Brooks, and Suspense. To me these are lots of fun.
* I met some fine and talented people.
* I survived the ice storm which hit Toronto and surrounding area. Very soon I hope to provide some details, most of which are humorous; coming from a little inconvenience, serving to remind me how lucky and blessed we are in Ontario, Canada.
* I focused my energies even more on personal development and projects. My creativity, never a weakness in my life, making up for several weakness' in my life, was running at an all-time high. Hopefully I can maintain the course and see several endeavours through to fruition.
* I discovered, and have accepted, just how fast a single year can fly by. (My dad warned me about this: the older you get, the faster time flies.)
* While I'm not, and never have been, a "sweet tooth", I discovered almond-laced white chocolate. That's it, though. The introduction came way of free samples, but I have no plans to continue with its consumption. Besides, I'm way too cheap to actually pay for almond-laced white chocolate.
If I think of any more meanings for me in the astounding year of 2013, I'll be sure to update this blog posting....