Friday, August 24, 2007

I AM GEEK (LEGEND)

I reviewed all my blogs recently just to see what common themes or trends there are. My, oh, my. Am I a geek or what? I suppose it goes with the territory as 'Hyper-Reality' is what it is. You won't find any sports or business writing here unless, of course, they are related to the 'idea'. But what you do find here, at the moment it would seem, are lots of references to 'geek' things. There is no need for me to repeat what you can survey from reading my various blog entries. Yes, I do like "important" things. There is a great All in the Family moment where Archie Bunker is hassling Mike ("Meathead") about not liking what he should be interested in. Archie says to Mike, "you like stupid tings... start talking about important tings; like what the Jets are going to do about Joe Namath's bad knee".

Believe it or not -- and I try to remind or convince myself on a regular basis -- I am interested in many things with equal passion: Aviation, shipping, engineering, medicine (in a 'layman' way), technology, history, warfare, architecture, and art history are just some of the things that can captivate me. I like oceanography and things that swim in, or crawl around the bottom of, the sea. I love seafood; eating things that swim in, or crawl about the bottom of, the sea. What is bliss for me? Well, I can start with a big plate of seafood... and an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (first season).

No comments: