Wednesday, August 29, 2007

TORONTO'S COFFEE

Back in 1984, September, I moved to Toronto to attend 'film school'. Even though the school itself was in the burbs I decided, with a little help from 'fate', to live in the downtown area. After all, the commute was only an hour or so as I lived right on a TTC subway station. Fairly close to me were several repertory movie theatres (now there is just one) and many other amenities usually associated with living in an urban environment.

Having said all that, there were not the number of cafes that there are now. What a difference a few years makes. I didn't drink coffee way back then. As a matter of fact that habit didn't start until I got into 'the biz'. Thankfully I did not take up smoking.

What is good is sitting in a cafe and reading a book, non-fiction of course, or writing something... anything.

No comments: