Saturday, July 25, 2009

THINKING ALBUMS 5

Back in January 14th I started a little series by the name of THINKING ALBUMS, starting with "Thinking Albums 1" and counting upward to four, which I posted on the 22nd of that month. I had not forgotten, just so many distractions -- on and off this blog.

Barry White's Greatest Hits is a CD I picked up back in early 1995 to help satiate my need for some great tunes and, more importantly, and specifically, the main man's ultra-cool voice. I have long liked White's songs and 'feeling', kicked off for me, no doubt, when his mega hit instrumental tune "Love's Theme" was released.

The CD in question is a straight transcription of the record LP which first hit the shelves in 1975. What else is there to add? Try this: Upon listening to Barry White's Greatest Hits the first time, I came up with the line, "try listening to this entire album while maintaining a straight face". In more ways than one, the disc makes you want to smile.

No comments: