Saturday, August 29, 2009

WILLIAM SHATNER - CANADIAN NAVY

As reported by the National Post newspaper today, there is a Facebook campaign afoot to get famous starship captain, and sometimes actor, William Shatner to be designated as honourary Captain in the Canadian navy. (To be technical about it, the 'naval arm of the Canadian Forces' would be accurate; formerly the RCN, or Royal Canadian Navy, and after that the seagoing part of the Canadian Armed Forces.)

There are 200 members so far signed up on the Facebook page. If I were on that social networking site I would throw my name into the pile.

"I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell you the truth."

"Peace or... utter destruction... it's up to you." (Captain James T. Kirk was not referring here to an external threat -- by him -- but "self destruction".)

Make him captain!

No comments: