Friday, June 11, 2010

WORLD CUP ON CBC - WEBSITE

About forty minutes ago I felt some pangs of guilt as I popped on the tube to watch World Cup Soccer action on the CBC. South Africa and Mexico are playing. While I allowed my optical receptors to scan the television, I made sure my work was getting done on my laptop. (Laptop: The machine of everything.)

Then I remembered that the CBC has games streaming live on their site (http://www.cbc.ca/). By flipping the double-throw-switch, I made the big change-over to my laptop. Technology!

A lot less power consumption, too. Go South Africa!


(After turning on the television to watch the game I could not help but notice the constant and loud droning sound emanating from my speakers. The noise could be best described as sounding like a bunch of giant bees hovering over the football stadium. In fact they are "vuvuzelas".)

No comments: