Saturday, May 14, 2011

WALLACE MCCAIN DIES

Canadian frozen-foods magnate Wallace McCain died today at the age of 81.

I never met the man even though I have long been fascinated by him and his empire, McCain Foods Limited. He and his sons got into a big legal power-play a few years ago over control of the highly successful "McCain's" brand. (I can't remember if Wallace's brother Harrison was involved or not.)

About ten years ago I worked for a guy who was a former corporate exec. I had to ask him: "Do you know Wallace McCain?" He rolled his eyes, finished taking a puff of his cigar, and answered, "Wallace McCain's a..."

McCain was probably a great man in many ways.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Leaving only the question: will his remains be preserved for centuries in the frozen foods section?

Barry Smight said...

LOL.

Thanks for the laugh!