Sunday, May 1, 2011

MACKENZIE BOWELL?!

Maybe it's the fact that tomorrow is election day here in Canada, that I checked a list of Canadian Prime Ministers. (Wikipedia is good for this sort of thing. Almost all of those guys lived to old age.)

While I consider myself to be a very patriotic Canadian, even I admit I'm not up on a lot of relevant things that I should. Going through the list made me realize I don't know much about some of our top leaders: Yes, Canada's first Prime Minister was Sir John A. Macdonald. I know about Tupper, Borden, King, and of course the more recent ones like Pearson, Trudeau, and Mulroney.

But... MacKenzie Bowell?! I've never heard of him. That's like thinking you know the names to all the episodes of one of your favourite television shows and, while looking over a list, stumbling across... "The Enterprise Factor"?!


Wikipedia entry on Canadian Prime Minister Sir Mackenzie Bowell...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackenzie_Bowell
... and Canadian Prime Ministers...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Canada

No comments: