Friday, November 23, 2007

CANADIAN TV ARCHIVE SITE

While doing my research, as part of my endless thirst for knowledge, I stumbled upon an interesting site dedicated to Canadian television programs. Check out... http://www.tvarchive.ca/

If you are Canadian, or someone who was lucky enough to get exported versions of these shows, you will get a trip down memory lane with this site. I did a quick perusal and found there was nothing that appeared to be missing. Everything from The Friendly Giant, to Wayne and Shuster, to Hilarious House of Frightenstein (pictured above) are included... and a whole lot more; some of which you and I have never heard of.

The proprietors of 'tvarchive.ca' are taking submissions: If you are in possession of anything applicable, they would love and welcome you to submit. I have a few things; some rare, in fact.

Time to get busy.

3 comments:

Mark said...

You failed to mention Billy Van
and The Party Game, quality Canadian
game show

Barry Smight said...

"Party Game" was an oversight on my part. Yes... with Captain Jack Duffy, Dinah Christie, and the exceptionally talented Billy Van. Hosted by Bill Walker.

Great 'stuff'.

Unknown said...

thanks for plugging my site. yes, i welcome any and all assistance in making the database as complete and accurate as possible. and for the record, i am a one-man show, although i tend to use "us" and "we" on the site just to make myself feel better, haha.