Thursday, November 8, 2007

TECHNOLOGY AND SCRIPTS

Dear Faithful Readers (those who hassle me for not posting on a regular basis): I have been on a work assignment. It is a bit of fun but leaves me no time to post here. Sorry.

Before I retire for the night I must throw something up.

My work involves video technology. I had to give my head a shake again today when I projected -- via video projector -- video test sample onto a reasonably large screen. I'm reminded how exciting a time this is for we creative visual artists. You can scoop up a broadcast quality image for a very reasonable price. Even the more basic 'digital' cameras, certainly the HD ones, give you a fairly sharp image. This technology allows some of us to look as though we know what we are doing.

Let's all have fun.

I guess the trick is to come up with a good script, still. And darn, if that ain't the hardest little thing for some filmmakers and most television producers to come up with. This is not a slight against my dear (WGA) soul brothers who are striking south of the border in the good ol' U.S. of A. right now.

In solidarity.

Personally, I hope a lot of those so-called TV producers are suffering right now. Serves them right for having little respect for the creative soul... and then butchering scripts before they go to camera, just to impress others with their own innovatory prowess.

Laugh.

... They should worry about what fancy new car they can purchase at the expense of those creative weirdos.

And how 'bout that powerful Canadian dollar! Like, that's great, eh?

No comments: