Monday, May 16, 2011

SUPER 8 - FILM

Minutes ago, I finished watching an episode of Family Guy. As I was ready to press the television's "off" button a trailer for a feature film played.

For some reason I felt like I had seen this kind of movie 20,000 times before. What's with the James Horner-type score? (Sounds an awful lot like his music to 1985's Cocoon.)

Then I discovered why everything felt well-worn... even in trailer form: Super 8 is "A Steven Spielberg Production, A J.J. Abrams Film."

Click.

Double click.

2 comments:

Jon said...

No way, this has WAY more lens flares!

BTW, I think that *was* the opening title track from "Cocoon". Odd choice.

Barry Smight said...

That trailer music was from Cocoon, eh? Although, we must be careful because (composer) Horner is known for recycling his own scores. Now that I think about it, I have the LP of the Cocoon music.