Thursday, September 6, 2012

THINKING ALBUMS 6

How often do we hear a song that we really like but when we buy the album (at least we used to at one time) there is basically just the one song of note... maybe another... maybe?

It was a pleasant surprise when, after deciding the song "Tubthumping" had to be mine, I picked up Chumbawamba's album, Tubthumper, and after giving it a spin I ended up letting it spin right to the end. That is rare for me. And especially the fact that I enjoyed the whole thing, from beginning to end.

Something I recognized right away while listening to the album, was the source of the frequent audio sampling as being the movie 'Brassed Off', which I watched and liked when it first hit home-vid.


(By the way, I decided to post the above after listening to the album this evening. Now, where's that Hercules album I bought a few years ago? "The Mighty Hercules", from Golden Record.  Win Sharples! Have I played that CD since first buying it? Put on the headphones, tuck in under the sheets....)

No comments: