Sunday, July 22, 2007

BENNY WHO?!

With the news of the passing of Tammy Faye I decided to read up on her. (Even though I saw The Eyes of Tammy Faye a few years ago I really don't know that much about the woman.) While reading Wikipedia, as part of this research, I came across the name of Benny Hinn. This reminds me of a funny story regarding me and a television listings guide. Around three or four years ago I was scrutinizing the weekly TV listings when I saw what appeared to be Benny Hill's name. I immediately thought, "oh, wow... who's playing Benny Hill?". My eyes had to only move over a few millimeters to the left. My internal voice continued, "channel 36 -- CTS -- is playing Benny Hill?!"

CTS, or The Crossroads Television Services, is a 'Christian' television channel pumping out of Southern Ontario, Canada. Now you can imagine my '?!' above. My mind raced at the time with images of Benny Hill shuffling lasciviously about not on a 'regular' television channel but a 'dedicated' Christian one. If this were to really be the case maybe viewership, or at least 'non-believer' viewership, would go up.

No comments: