Saturday, July 14, 2007

OH, WILLIAMS!

Yes, I'm back, just a few minutes after I posted my 'The Longest Day' entry. The television is on behind me. On it plays the CBC and the 'ceeb' plays "Minority Report". An action scene seems to be playing out. My attention is divided as I play on my computer but not so divided that I want to turn around because it sounds as though "The Empire Strikes Back" is running on television... or is it "Raiders"? Hold on a moment says my ever tired but always comical brain. You just said that "Minority Report" is on.

The answer for my confusion stems from the fact that, yes, you guessed it you movie trivia guys: John Williams scored all the films I have mentioned above. It is almost unreal how similar Mr. Williams music scores are. I could swear that what I heard playing minutes ago was the music from "Empire" (which does have a great score). I should mention that the "Minority Report" sequence I thought I was hearing -- or was sure I was hearing -- was the 'rocket packs up the side of the building' jazz. Pretty exiting stuff! It almost made me break away from my computer, even with all the confusion outlined above.

This all makes me want to be an artist when I grow up.

No comments: