Sunday, November 6, 2011

RIGHT-WING NEWSPAPER COMMENT BOARDS

A friend got me reading the 'comment' boards on the Toronto Sun website (www.torontosun.com).  Although I will not exaggerate and claim I am always checking them out, they are interesting as some sort of sociological experiment. Or lab.

Do you want to see endless examples of bad grammar and atrocious spelling in one convenient place?  (That's not even counting the amount of "hate" you can see in one location.)

I'm the first to admit that my own scribblings on this blog are sometimes imperfect.  (When I sometimes look back at old postings, I roll my eyes and, for a few minutes, say, "I'm not cut out for this writing stuff".)  But, I produce technical errors once in a while.  Not every other sentence.

My favourite specimen? Even though there is a lot of competition, I managed to pick one. I should prefact by saying the story in particular was about our education system here in Ontario, Canada. Are you ready? Okay...

"AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL MORON!!!"


(I cannot resist... I will follow up to this in a few days.  The serious problem within the above quote, posted to Toronto Sun comment boards, is very common -- every day, in fact.  In just one fairly brief visit to today's on-line paper, I saw a few examples.  By the way, what did angry right-wingers do before newspaper comment boards came along?)

2 comments:

Dominic M said...

"what did angry right-wingers do before newspaper comment boards came along?"

I believe they shot squirrels with 22s...

Barry Smight said...

LOL!

What happened to the good ol' slingshot?