Sunday, March 16, 2008

ROTTING MAPLE LEAFS

The Toronto Maple Leafs lost to the Buffalo Sabres in NHL hockey action last night. I tuned in to the game during the beginning of the third period and was pleased to see Buffalo leading Toronto by a score of 3 - 1. The Leafs scored a few minutes later.

The phone rang... it was a friend of mine. We talked for about 10 minutes. I went back to the telly and saw the score now at 5 - 2 for Buffalo. "What happened" I thought. "Well Sherlock, it seems that Buffalo scored two quick goals while you were blathering on the telephone", interjected a voice. It continued, "and no doubt you are happy."

"Yes I am."

It looks as though those perpetual losers are going to miss the playoffs for the third consecutive year. (Sports pundits say that the Leafs would have to win all nine of their remaining games. As Roger Lodge might say, "good luck, guys".)

I do not like the Toronto Maple Leafs as much as I like the city of Toronto. Some day soon I will relate a funny story regarding my "hate on" for the Leafs.

No comments: