Sunday, March 8, 2009

GEORGE WASHINGTON AND JUNO

Last week I watched a small feature film from 2000 by the name of George Washington. It was an interesting film but was nothing new then or now; and certainly not for all tastes. The cast was very good, and natural. A friend of mine told me that he fell asleep after about an hour. (He missed the last half hour.)

I finally got around to seeing Juno last night. A fine, fine film. And deserving of the accolades it received when it was released in late 2007.

What I liked is that Juno -- the film -- did not get too "sweetie-pie" on us. Films of this nature have a tendency, I find, to fall victim to that malady. Only in the very last shot did this almost happen: 'two characters' play their guitars and sing to one another; they finish and kiss; and the track team runs by. A certifiable Sweetie-pie moment... almost.

No comments: