Monday, May 31, 2010

BEGINNING OF THE END?

Oil is spilling uncontrollably into the Gulf of Mexico; North and South Korea might end up going to war with one another and probably by the end of the year; the West's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is a disaster; Israel made a move today that is a 'public relations disaster', and probably a portent of things to come. It is going to get ugly.

I told a friend of mine recently that I really think that mankind will be all but finished within the next 50 years. He agrees that things are rotten but thinks that we will get through it.

While I respect his opinion, I'm afraid that Lady Luck will end up paying out to Your's Truly.

Place your bets...

(Okay, I'll give us 60 years at most. Forget that; I say 20.)

2 comments:

Greg Woods said...

So, should I worry about that retirement fund or not?

Barry Smight said...

You and I should be okay.

"Treasury Bills."