Saturday, May 29, 2010

TROUBLED TELEVISION KIDS

It just occurred to me this morning that, with the death yesterday of Gary Coleman, two of the three kids from the 1970s/80s sitcom Different Strokes are no longer with us. (I never saw much of the show so I'm not one to make immediate connections as I'm not even in that head space.)

Not only that, but the late Dana Plato's son killed himself a few weeks ago which I did not 'connect' until I read this...
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrities/2010/05/28/14178336-ap.html

That is so sad. Good for Todd Bridges that he overcame his personal problems.

The curse of TV child stars continues. I remember hearing the news -- back in the mid 1970s -- that Anissa Jones ("Buffy" from Family Affair) had died of a drug overdose.

No comments: