Monday, October 21, 2013

FAVOURITE "SCI-FI" MOVIES

Top 10 sci-fi movies
http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2013/oct/16/top-10-sci-fi-movies

"A long time ago, in a land far away... there were no space movies. Luckily, we have lots and the Guardian and Observer's critics have picked the 10 best ever"



My own 'best SF movies of all time' list varies depending on what day it is. When I actually do think about the question, my list might be something like this (in no particular order)...

Metropolis
2001: A Space Odyssey
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Forbidden Planet
Solaris (1972)
The Time Travelers
Der Schweigende Stern


... that's a quick list. I'm trying to think of more recent SF films that would be absolute favourites (I've enjoyed such flicks from recent years, or decades, but they would not qualify as faves). I cannot think of any at the moment; perhaps I'll update this list later in the day. I'll take suggestions, reminders, or nudges....


Addendum...

Fantastic Planet
The Terminator
Five Million Years to Earth (Quatermass and the Pit)

No comments: