Sunday, October 13, 2013

STATISTICS SAY: MOST CREATIVE U.S. FILMS MADE IN THE 1960s


My work has been taking up so much of my time that my free time I try to keep free of clutter; especially since I'm working on a couple of personal creative projects.

But...

I decided to post something after taking a quick look at what the Toronto Star offers online at the moment. This caught my attention, and took just a minute of my time...

Stats say 1960s produced most creative U.S. films
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2013/10/12/stats_say_1960s_produced_most_creative_u_s_films.html

I watched the video and had no problems with the stats. Many of my favourite 'American' films were produced in the 1960s: Medium Cool, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr Strangelove, Bonnie and Clyde, The Swimmer, and They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, just to name a few.

1 comment:

DonaldAR said...

Thought-provoking bit of analysis! I wonder what the numbers would say about non-U.S. / Hollywood films, which I find are almost always more creative? Also; I'd never heard of Medium Cool (with apologies to Mr. McLuhan for my ignorance) - have to check it out.