These last few days have been busy for me, which explains my silence (hooray!) these past few days.
* On the weekend I managed to squeeze-in a viewing of the movie The Social Network. Very good. Terrific cast.
* I'm currently half-way through Quentin Tarantino's 2012 violence-expletive Django Unchained. Very good, so far. But... I've always suspected this, but now I'm convinced that Mr Tarantino gets off on violence. (As an antidote I may watch Hercules Unchained.)
* Yesterday I read an article on the finale of the television series Breaking Bad. Great; that saved me from having to watch it. (A few weeks ago I watched the first episode -- that was enough.)
* The radio is on in my apartment: apparently the Toronto Maple Leafs play their first game of the 2013-2014 NHL season; tonight in Montreal against the Canadiens. "Pundits" are sound-bited as saying that this year should be different for "our boys in blue". I burst out laughing every time I hear this. No... the Leafs will wipe out, yet again.
* Speaking of sports: Yesterday I happened to see the front of a newspaper and saw some headline about the Toronto Blue Jays ending their season. What? I thought that with all the big player acquisitions a year ago the Jays were going to go somewhere this baseball season. "Sports people" are hilarious, if a little dim.
* The U.S. government is shutting down today? Will anyone notice a difference?....