Tuesday, May 5, 2009

LP OF DONNY MOST

Years ago, I saw a Donny Most LP record in a remainder bin. I could not resist and picked the treasure up; just to read the provocative liner notes. (Any Donny Most LP's liner notes must be provocative. Admittedly, I might have been looking for an explanation -- to my question, "why would they do this?")

Why, oh why, did I not buy the Donny Most record for the low asking price of $1.99? I'd have a great story to tell instead of "I almost bought the Donny Most record".

That "$1.99" sticker price would be about 5 or 6 bucks in today's money. I promise that if I see the LP again, I will put the money down, even if it's a lot more than "$1.99". (The joke is, it might now be a collectors' piece.)

6 comments:

Greg Woods said...

Vintage Barry. Thanks for the post.

Dr. BuckBin said...

Alas, I've been looking for this one as well, but I still wouldn't spend more than a couple of bucks on it, despite its novelty value.

The only "celebrity" album I've ever found was Adrian Zmed on cassette for 25 cents.

Greg Woods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg Woods said...

Check this out!

Greg Woods said...

...and while we're on the subject of Donny Most, if anyone out there in Smightville has a copy of the movie Leo and Loree, we can become friends really fast.

Barry Smight said...

You bawsted! Did you really have to do that?!

"Leo and Loree"? What the dickens is that? I haven't even heard of it.

"Sensors on wide scan."