Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AT MY EXPENSE

When I got home a few minutes ago, I went on one of those cleaning drives, and came across a Globe and Mail newspaper from -- I cannot believe I am admitting this -- Friday, April 24, 2009. On the back page of the "Globe Life" section was the Thought Du Jour from that day...

"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say."

-- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Oooh, I'm going to get you for that, Kurt.

2 comments:

enjonze said...

We miss you, Kurt.

Barry Smight said...

Yes, that was very sad news when Kurt Vonnegut died. I do not like poetry -- never have -- but when I heard a poem that he had written about the Dresden bombing raid (he was a POW in a nearby camp) I was amazed at how powerful the piece was.