Friday, February 21, 2014

POST OLYMPIC MEDALS CANADA


Having the 2014 Olympic Winter Games taking place in far away Sochi ends up producing, if you are not watching them at all, like me, a strange delay. I wake up in the morning, fire up the computer, go on the Internet and I see headlines like this...

Canadians Marielle Thompson and Kelsey Serwa win gold, silver in women’s ski cross
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/olympics/womens-ski-cross/article17018329/

... my first micro thought is, "I thought they were won yesterda... hold on; these are additional medals for Canada". (Yesterday, Thursday, Jennifer Jones and her team won gold in women's curling; and the women's ice hockey team won gold against the U.S.A.)

My second thought was, "is it the Canadian women who are scooping the lion's share of metals?"

I then learned that today the Canada and U.S. men's ice hockey squads are in the semi finals. And the men's curling final is between Canada and Great Britain is also happening this day.

I'm out the door (my thought is, "I'm late") and I will find out later today what happened in regards to the above match-ups....

No comments: