Monday, September 1, 2014

FORMER NHL PLAYER CAROL VADNAIS DIES


As the early 1970s played-out I became insatiably drawn to the N.H.L. (National Hockey League). To this day, as much as I love football (soccer), ice hockey is the greatest team sport, in my opinion. While I almost never watch a hockey game these days, I continue to replay my memories of the N.H.L.'s great past. (Psst: I don't like that league anymore; which I've blogged about before.)

This morning I heard the news that former veteran defenceman Carol Vadnais died yesterday at the age of 68. My earliest memory of him was when he played for the California Golden Seals. I do recall Vadnais winning a Stanley Cup with the Boston Bruins in 1972, but I had not realized until today that he was with the Montreal Canadiens in 1968 when they won the cup that year.

Mr. Vadnais enjoyed a long N.H.L. career, playing for 17 seasons with a mix of teams including the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils.


Wikipedia info...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Vadnais

No comments: