Monday, September 29, 2014

RYDER CUP; RYDER CUP; RYDER CUP

"Brain and brain, what is brain?"

I hear you, Kara.

***

For the last three days I've been hearing, on the radio, about the "Ryder Cup". The funny thing is, I kid you not, never has it been said exactly what the Ryder Cup is.

I've had a busy last few days, so I admit that I've been getting my news from 680 News (here in Toronto). The "Sports" broadcasters should identify the game being played when they speak of an event such as... "the Ryder Cup". (Peter Gross should know better.)

I'm sure I've known in the past but what type of athlete competes for that trophy but, believe it or not, there are lots of people like me who do not identify themselves on Census reports as 'Sports Idiot". (I'm not suggesting that you have to be one to know what sporting event a particular cup belongs to.)


No comments: