Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CORONATION

Canadian 'Corrie' (Coronation Street) fans probably took a break from their Christmas dinners last night to watch An Audience with Coronation Street (2006) on the CBC last night. I admit right now that I ended up watching a good chunk of it.

This was a retrospective of the show's more than 35 years on the ITV network.

I need my head examined. An Audience was self consciously bad. Talk about self indulgent wanking. The studio bleachers were full of Coronation Street actors. All I thought while watching this abomination, and this is proof that directors must be careful what closeups they cut to, is that some of the actors did not really want to be there. A couple of closeups that I saw revealed either confusion or the expression of "this is so lame".

For some reason I become morbidly fascinated after seeing a special such as the above.

... check out my next blog posting!

No comments: