Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CORONATION IN COURT

The CBC played two back-to-back episodes of Coronation Street tonight. One of the leads, a young woman who I'm familiar enough with even in my very infrequent 'Corrie' observing, was in a court room on trial for murder. What?! Last time I saw her she was romancing some bloke.

I quickly realized she must have killed him. After some time I learned that she pummeled him over the head with what appeared to be a giant, and heavy, figurine.

Now, my memory is pretty good in such matters. I seem to remember that a year or so ago, another young woman killed someone. Yes, she killed her father by pummelling him over the head with an adjustable spanner.

Holy smokin's. There is a lot of murders on that street! It could be renamed "Murderer's Row", I would think.

Is the murder rate really that high in merry olde England? I do hope this is just an epidemiological blip!

No comments: