Monday, April 6, 2009

CINEFLIX VERSUS TRICON FILMS

Further to my posts below regarding the sorry state of film and television affairs in Toronto, mainly the lack of industry, as in manufacturing, another problem is there seems to be no incentive to truly create something special that shakes up the television production business; making others rethink what they are doing -- which tends to be crap.

There are two companies in Toronto that exist to make the so-called 'reality' shows. You know the kind: Makeover this, makeover that, sell this, resell that, make me over, do me over, and over and over... again. Baby! I'm not sure who actually produces the most garbage, Tricon Films & Television or Cineflix/Nextfilm. If there were to be a contest, it truly would be a neck-and-neck affair.

As a friend of mine -- who is an RN -- told me recently, "If I see Canadian Tax Credit one more time on those shows, I'm going to puke".

No comments: