Tuesday, January 12, 2010

KIDS IN THE HALL - REUNION TONIGHT

On the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) tonight at 9pm, the sketch comedy group The Kids in the Hall reunites for some of their patented pushing-the-boundaries brand of comedy.

I never found the original show funny -- for instance, I watched three back-to-back episodes on the CBC with my roommate at the time and we just looked at each other at the end knowing what the other was thinking* -- but there were those who feel that these kids were to be seen and heard.

This past Sunday I was exiting a Second Cup shop with a friend and, as we waited to cross the street, we were approached by a young man and woman who were not only giving away little Kids in the Hall buttons but were saying "take as many as you want". They added "don't forget to watch on Tuesday night".

"Okay, I'll give the show a try", I added, under my breath.


(*My roommate did offer, "there's something to be said for 'paying your dues'".)

2 comments:

Greg Woods said...

...gee, and tonight there's also a free lecture with Guy Maddin at Innis. What will I do????

Barry Smight said...

Maddin is at Innis, tonight? I'll see you there?!