Saturday, January 23, 2010

SUPERARGO & DIABOLICUS ON GOOGLE VIDEO

One fun-flick that I blogged about previously is a Spanish-Italian production from 1966, titled, straightforwardly enough, Superargo vs Diabolicus (actually the English translation). A friend of mine who knew of my interest in the movie e-mailed me yesterday with a link to Google Video.

Late last night -- late at night is always the best time to watch such entertainment -- I sat down with a cup of strong instant coffee and watched Superargo go against Diabolicus for the first time in about 35 years, thoroughly enjoying it again.

What impressed me the most was that the filmmaking/directing was more refined than I imagined -- certainly more than my less perceptive, younger brain would have noticed back in the mid seventies as I sat in that darkened movie theatre.

(Something I noticed this time around is that the film's music composer paraphrased John Barry's scores to the James Bond films From Russia With Love, and Thunderball. Just a little, towards the end as the climactic action picked up.)

No comments: