Sunday, January 17, 2010

MUNICH - THE MOVIE

Last night I watched Stevie Spielberg's 2005 movie, Munich. Just ten minutes in, after things were looking really promising, I realized that it was goin' all down hill, baby.

Afterwards, I went onto the IMDB entry to see what the score was with Munich. One 'commenter' nailed it perfectly, everything that is wrong with this movie... I will go no further. As a general rule I do not bother reading readers' comments, generally because I'm too lazy to. Well I'm glad I spent all of two minutes, because I came across a perfect summation, totally in line with my own feelings, done by a "tieman64". You'll have to look for it as I don't know how to link directly to a specific commenter.

Yes, violence leads to more violence; leads to more violence; leads to more violence; leads to more violence...

I did have an interesting reaction, however, and I'm not sure if this is Spielberg's fault: I wanted Eric Bana's character to get offed at the end.

No comments: