Thursday, January 28, 2010

PERNELL ROBERTS

The news that former Bonanza and Trapper John, MD star Pernell Roberts died was a surprise even if I did catch his name printed in the paper yesterday (and did not investigate).

For some reason I thought that Roberts passed away some time ago. I remember the news back in 1972 when fellow Bonanza cast member Dan Blocker died.

I was a bit of a Bonanza kid: It ran in first run when I was young, plus it was already syndicated and 'stripped' by the time I took notice of TV's hot western. In syndication, Bonanza was renamed The Ponderosa so that people would not confuse these airings with the new episodes which were still being run in prime time. (Just the opening title graphic was changed... as the flame consumed the screen.)


The news...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/pernell-roberts-last-surviving-star-of-tvs-bonanza-dies/article1443781/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....