Wednesday, August 25, 2010

AND THEN DEPRESSION SET IN

Late this afternoon after getting some work done I decided that I wanted to sign up as a member on The Ugly Bug Ball -- http://www.theuglybugball.co.uk/ -- dating site (which I posted on two days ago). To make a long story short I was so disappointed. It looks as though the site exists no more. Nothing.

What is circulating on the Net, perhaps remainders of TUBB, is the following list. What do you think of these 5 points? Offensive? I write my own reactions immediately beneath each. Enjoy, them and me…

THE FIVE UGLY TRUTHS ABOUT DATING

1. “Half of UK daters aren’t pretty, so instead of fishing in a small pool of prettiness and getting nowhere, dive into an ocean of uglies and have more choice.”

(I have not been to the U.K. in a few years so I do not know what the balance is there right now. All I know is I scored great successes during my last trip. It‘s a good thing the Brits love their 'pints'.)

2. “Ugly people are a better calibre of human - pretty people generally aren’t very nice and are often a bit shallow.”

(While I understand the point is a generalization, we must be careful. Some of the nicest and warmest people I have met were also very nice to look at. As you are growing up your personality is influenced by how people treat you. Besides, the biggest, meanest, most rottenest person I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing was my ex-mother-in-law. I wish I had a picture of her. Ahhh… for you I mean.)

3. “Ugly people have had a tougher life and therefore tend to be more considerate and more loyal. A recent TUBB survey also proved that they try harder in bed.”

(There is probably some truth to that first sentence. As for the last part… I’ve mostly encountered lethargy.)

4. “Once with an ugly partner it is unlikely that anyone will try and take them from you, meaning you can let yourself go completely once you’re together.”

(And I’ve been letting my belt out to the further-most holes. I have a confession to make: One time I “borrowed” my ex-sister-in-law. This gets complicated…)

5. “In these straightened times, TUBB is cheaper as a.) We don’t charge as much as the pretty sites and b.) Ugly people have lower expectations--for a first date a Family Bucket will usually do the trick."

(I have not compared prices… kind of difficult to do now. I find that some ‘ugly people’ [pardon me] have incredibly high expectations. These types set themselves up to fail every time. "Thwack!!!")


***

Okay, I’ve had my fun. Remember one thing: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” I used to tell that to my ex-father-in-law.

No comments: