Monday, August 30, 2010

POST BEDWETTER

Yesterday I finished reading actress/comedienne Sarah Silverman's autobiographical book "The Bedwetter". It was better than I was expecting it to be; and more revealing. While I had heard that the book garnered generally positive reviews I thought that this would be another classic case of me reading a book or seeing a movie and saying afterwards, "did I read (or see) something else?"

A nice, smooth, and interesting read.

One thing I have heard is that some readers have found the book to be 'lacking' and 'not funny enough'. To each their own, but I think the idea is that someone like Silverman is not always doing their stage persona... especially when writing a book. That would be pretty boring, I think.

Admittedly "The Bedwetter" could be considered brief, at some 240 pages. Some people want a 400 page rip-roaring tell-all tome. Everything. There was hardly any mention of Jimmy Kimmel. People want dirt -- I want emotional truth. And I think I got some from the talented lady, even if just a little bit.


(Caption for picture above: "In my book did I mention that I'm really cute?")

No comments: