Saturday, May 17, 2014

NHL EAST VS WEST - WHO WILL IT BE?

This following post I had written in my little head before committing to the keyboard, therefore here. While looking for a graphic of the Montreal Canadiens logo I saw a news headline important to this piece...

Montreal Canadiens trail series with the New York Rangers, 1 - 0.

Oh, the first game in the Eastern Conference final was this afternoon -- I had forgotten that important fact.

Pretending I saw nothing, heard nothing, I will proceed...

The Kings knocked-off the Anaheim Ducks in game 7 last night to move on to their series with the Chicago Blackhawks for the Western Conference final. It would be nice to see the Los Angeles Kings and Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup final.

For the sake of the fairly feeble NHL (National Hockey League), it would probably make more sense to have the Kings and the Rangers battling for the Stanley Cup. West Coast vs East Coast. Good for television ratings in the all-important U.S. market. But better for me if the Canadiens were there.



No comments: